1. "Whose bike is it?" "It's ________."
A. John B. John's C. Johns' D. Johns
2. Could you please tell me ________?
A. where the rest-room is B. where the rest-room was
C. where is the rest-room D. where was the rest-room
3. ---________ my glasses? I can't read without them.
--- I ________ them on your bed, but they aren't there now.
A. Do you see; have seen B. Have you seen; saw
C. Did you see; saw D. Did you see; have seen
4. I think that it's no use playing computer games. It wastes ________ money ________ time.
A. neither; nor B. or; or C. as; as D. both; and
5. You shouldn't ________too late. It's bad for your ________. Teenagers need at least eight hours' sleep.
A. set up; health B. put up; healthy
C. stay up; health D. come up with; healthy
6. During SARS days, many people ran to the supermarket to buy ________ they could.
A. as many food as B. as much food as
C. as a lot foods as D. as some foods as
7. I'm sorry you've missed the train; it ________ five minutes before.
A. has left B. has been left C. left D. had left
8. The old photos remind me ________ my old friends in primary school.
A. in B. of C. at D. for
9. ---________ have you been studying English? --- For two years.
A. How many B. How far C. How long D. How much
10. "Could I please use your computer?" "________".
A. Yes, I can B. Sorry, you can't C. Yes, you can't D. No, I can't
11. I have been practising the piano________ 1997, so I won the first prize in
the piano competition.
A. for B. in C. on D. since
12. I agree with most of what you said, but I really can't agree with ________.
A. everything B. anything C. nothing D. something
13. Usually soft colors make people ________.
A. relaxing B. relaxed C. exciting D. excited
14. She ________ my uncle when she was working in a department store.
A. met B. meet C. was meeting D. meets
15. "I got the first prize in the game!" "________!"
A. Good luck B. Congratulations C. Be brave D. That's OK