---My name is Jonathan. Shall I spell it for you?
No problem. B. Of course, you should.
C. If you don’t mind D. That’s all right.
2. _______ young girl reminded me of my youth gone. I’m now ______ has-been that can tell what to do or not to do.
A. The; a B. A; the C. A; a D. The;不填
3. The English ______ in England between AD450 and 1150 was very different from the English we _______ at present.
A. speaking;spoken B. spoken; speak
C. spoken;speaking D. speaking; are speaking
4. He hasn’t got any hobbies---_______ you call watching TV a hobby.
A. If B. Unless C. When D. Since
5. As I don’t know _____ to take up Miss Rose’s course because of her wedding leave, I have to ask her students about it .
A. how B. what C. where D. whether
6. He’s amazingly cheerful considering all he’s had to __________.
A. go through B. get through C. get in D. go in
7.---Why did you give up the job in Australia?
----Because I don’t want to stay far away from my family. You know, my family means ______ to me.
A. everything B. nothing C. anything D. something
8. She is very dear to us. We have been prepared to do _________ it takes to save her life.
A. whichever B. however C. whatever D. whoever
9. Train services are usually ________ and run regularly every day.
A. reliable B. reasonable C. flexible D. comfortable
10. Those successful deaf dancers think that dancing is an activity ________ sight matters more than hearing.
A. when B. that C. which D. where