1. --- Jerry, do remember to take the medicine three times a day and stay in bed for two days.
--- ______, Doctor. I will do it as told.
A. Got it B. That’s right C. That’s OK D. I think so
2. It is acknowledged that ___ shortest distance between persons is ___ sincere smile..
A. A; the B. The; / C. A ; / D. The ; a
3. Not far from the shopping mall, there was a amazing garden, _____ the owner was a mean man refusing every child to enter it.
A. its B. whose C. which D. of which
4. --- Why was Jackson searching shop after shop for a sweater?
---Oh, he was very __________ about his clothes.
A. particular B. special C curious D. unusual
5. Since he is never honest, I have some doubt ________ he said is true.
A. that what B. what that C. whether what D. what if
6. --- Mum, you look so busy. Need my help?
---No, honey. I’m decorating the tree. Christmas seems to _______ quicker
A. come back B.come over C. come around D. come out
7. Mr. Smith gave the attendants a wonderful lecture ______ the company in the international conference.
A. in the place of B. owing to C. on behalf of D. standing for
8. Tom was a student at this university from 1999 to 2003, ____ he studied very hard and was made Chairman of the Students’ Union.
A. for which time B. during which time C. during whose time D. by that time
9. ____ your performance in physics ____ Jack’s and you’ll realize you should work harder.
A. Compare, with B. Compared, to C. Comparing, with D. Comparing，to
10. Look, it’s so amazing! The wings of the model plane made by the boy are ____ of its body.
A. more than the length twice B. twice more than the length
C. more than twice the length D. more twice than the length