1. ― Thank you very much for helping me when I was in trouble.
A. Don't mention it B. With pleasure C. That's right D. You said it
2. After _____ series of unsuccessful attempts, he has finally passed _____ test for entering his dream company.
A. a; a B. a; the C. the; the D. the; a
3. July was feeling a little blue because her mother _________ from her job and she had lots of bills to pay.
A. had laid off B. has been laid off
C. has laid off D. had been laid off
4. I went to the hospital to visit a friend with ____ small flower arrangement. The nurse told me I couldn't bring flowers into the ICU so I left them on the counter feeling really disappointed.
A. an B. a C. the D. /
5. I saw a woman _____ against the wall ____ tired and stressed and as though she'd been crying.
A. leaning up;looking B. lean up; look
C. leaned up; looked D. was leaning up; was looking
6. We should educate children and young people about values to create a social atmosphere ______ promotes morality and harmony.
A. that B. what C. where D. who
7. China's political advisors _______ increasing use of micro-blogging to get public opinions.
A. make B. are making C. are made D. have made 8. Master Xuecheng believes that the traditional virtues of Buddhism should not be changed over time, but ____ Buddhism could be adjusted to the demands of modern society and people.
A. having promoted B. promote C. promoting D. promotes
9. His pale face suggested that he _____, and his wife urged that he ____ a medical examination.
A. doesn't feel himself; have B. not feel himself; has
C. doesn't feel himself; has D. not feel himself; have
10. I love cooking and food, so it's very ________for me to share the foods I make with my friends, family and co-workers.
A. natural B. awesome C. generous D. kind